Re: Moving Lenny from Virtual Machine to Physical

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:24:44 -0500, Roman Gelfand wrote:

> I used clonezilla to take a disk image of debian lenny vm.  I
> successfully restored it to physical machine.  Now when I boot, the grub
> is working.  However, when trying to load lenny (in initramfs), it fail
> to mount the hard drive.  After doing some reading, I found that most
> probably /etc/fstab has wrong disk label.  If this sounds right, how can
> I mount the real partition so that I could change the fstab?

Open GRUB console and run:

find /boot/vmlinuz

That will output the location of the disk that is now holding the "root="
stanza.

You can then return to GRUB menu (Esc) and (e)dit the line accordingly
and (b)oot. Once you're in, edit "/etc/fstab" to update the new device
location.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón