Re: How to report bug in installation of squeeze

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Bugs
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting.en.html

> I've tried to install Debian Squeeze (6.0) on a Dell PowerEdge 1750 for
> a day and it failes with Kernel Panic when detecting the network.

Add the error you get in your bug report. If you can't catch the log a
snapshot (aka: photo) will also be useful.

> First I tried to upgrade Lenny to Squeeze, that failed (could make it
> work by using the old kernel though, by linking the old vmlinuz), then I
> tried to install it from scratch with no luck.

What ISO image did you download? CD, DVD, netiso...?

> I've tried both the unsupported version with non-free firmware included
> and also tried installing by adding it via usb but it failes all the
> time.

Lack of firmware should not prevent the installation, at least if you
performed a local install using a CD/DVD as source. In such case, the
installer should go on with no network adapter detected :-?

> I have never reported any bugs before, so I'm not sure which package to
> I have no way of getting the logs from the machine, but I thought it
> might be usefull ( and I tried using that with the HW compatible
> checks).

(...)

You can also include the above information in your report.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón