OpenOffice has become LibreOffice?

I'm using Sid. After OpenOffice broke during an upgrade I purged it and
reinstalled, after which it returned to life as LibreOffice. There
wasn't any warning about this transition; it just happened.

I googled some information about LibreOffice, which informs me that it
is a fork of OpenOffice. Its appearance in Sid seems to be fairly recent
because not all mirrors have it. Is there any information about when and
why Debian adopted this change? (Perhaps there was and I missed it.)

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk