Re: Networking trouble after recent upgrade in Sid

In <[🔎] AANLkTikOUziWdo6LUhfejJJ+g-ZnkHPmza8=ESjV7+2y@mail.gmail.com>, David Bruce
wrote:
>>From /etc/network/interfaces: ---------------
>
># The primary network interface
>allow-hotplug eth0
>iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
>So now, on bootup my web browser won't connect.

Normally, if you want an interface started on boot, you should use:
auto eth0
instead of:
allow-hotplug eth0

Do you ifplugd, network-manager, or wicd?  Those are the main things I can
think of that would start an allow-hotplug interface, and I'm not sure about
that.  I use auto on my desktop and do not list devices on my laptop so they
are exclusively controlled by network-manager.