Re: squeeze-proposed-updates contains lenny packages

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote the following on 12.02.2011 00:00

-- <snip> --

> (aptitude search '~S~Asqueeze-proposed-updates!~Alenny-proposed-updates'),
> maybe?  You might have to use different search terms, depending on what is in
> those Release files.

I'll see how far i can get.

>> If i understand you correctly the debian workflow is to upload all
>> stable-updates to s-p-u and then the SRM moves those to o-p-u afterwards?
>
> No, sorry.  My understanding is that updates and go directly into os-p-u or
> s-p-u and then they can migrate to s-u (new) when tested, or oldstable or
> stable at a point release.

yes, /me has thought/thinks so, too.

> I mean that having packages that were supposed to be for os-p-u in s-p-u will
> not adversely affect users of s-p-u, since the version numbers will be lower
> than the ones in stable.

yes. I know the version numbers are lower than in squeeze, so harm is done to
running systems but a lot of bandwith and space on mirrors is wasted.

So back to question one:
Why are there a lot of packages in s-p-u that are clearly meant to be in o-p-u?

Should i ask on debian-release? I couldn't find a list for ftp-master in the
first place when i search earlier today.

--
bye Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F