Re: pata_it821x

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:10:25 +0100, Twanny Azzopardi wrote:

> On Thursday 10 February 2011 21:28:04 Camaleón wrote:

>> Can you please tell us a bit more about...?
>>
>> a/ what are you doing exactly and what error are you getting b/ what is
>> your hardware/hard disk setup
>>
>> You could also jump to tty4 to get additional information or message
>> errors. And IIRC, there is an option in the installer menu to save a
>> debug log for later review.
>>

> I have a DVD connected to this pci-ide card:
>
> 02:0a.0 RAID bus controller: Integrated Technology Express, Inc.
> IT/ITE8212 Dual channel ATA RAID controller (rev 13)
>
> on lenny.
>
> This loads the module it821x but in smart mode ( RAID )

How about the BIOS of the card? Does it have any option to switch into
standard ATA mode instead of RAID?

> I want to use is as normal ide by passing the parameter noraid=1, but I
> alway get 'unknown option - ignored'.
>
> I got it working when I was using centos.

Maybe you are using the wrong form :-?

At Google you can found it in this form: "it821x.noraid=1" as a parameter
that you need to pass to the kernel to disable the raid features of the
card.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón