Re: skip fsck when booting on battery?

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 20:59 +0100, Steven wrote:
[snipped discussion about slow fsck on large ext3 partitions]
> Or would in this case another file system be a better option for the
> large partitions? Ext4 comes to mind. The system is not backed by a UPS
> so power failures do happen (although not often).

ext4 would certainly solve the slow fsck problem; it's prety much
instant on a cleanly shut down file system. I haven't heard anything
about ext4 journaling being inherently less robust that ext3, though
there were lots of discussions about the 'right' mount options for
robustness/performance tradeoffs. Might be worth researching.

--
Tixy               ()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign (www.asciiribbon.org)
                   /\  Against HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments