Re: Reach ext3 partitions when cfdisk gives error about those

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:08:31 +0000, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>
>> Debian Squeeze uses UUID's to mount it's partitions, but Debian SID
>> didn't so I think that cause that that I can't reach partitions of
>> Debian Squeeze from Debian SID.
>
> Quite strange.

I think that that I can run cfdisk on /dev/sda, but can't run cfdisk on
/dev/sdb where those ext3 filesystems are, so mybe this is not an UUID
issue but a partition problem.

I have run on /dev/sdb long time ago Gparted, and after that I installed
the Debian Squeeze system on those partitions (yes, not on one but on
more than one partitions).

When I try to run cfdisk on /dev/sdb I get error message:
FATAL ERROR: Bad logical partition 6: enlarged logical partitions
overlap

Press any key to exit cfdisk

I try the following to fix this error:

run fdisk on /dev/sdb,
and in fdisk I run commands: x
and then:
Expert command (m for help): v
Remaining 5476 unallocated 512-byte sectors

Expert command (m for help): f
Nothing to do. Ordering is correct already.

Expert command (m for help): w
The partition table has been altered!

Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table.
Syncing disks.

and then reboot the system but still have this problem.

What can I do to solve this problem?

--
Best Regards,
Paul Chany