Re: iptables/routing network problem

On 01/30/2011 08:48 PM, geertsky wrote:
Hello,
I'm having a wierd problem I cannot solve...
I have a pptp connection from my house to my server using
192.168.2.0/24 range ip's
I ḿ trying to make mysql access able from the 192.168.2.0/24 network.
On the server I've got ufw firewall so I state "ufw insert 4 allow
proto tcp from 192.168.2.0/24 to 192.168.2.1 port 3306"
[snip]

Apparently there is somewhere in the os a rule which disables access
to port 3306, but it's not a iptables rule...
Does anyone have a idea what apart from iptables controls network
traffic?
Thanks cause I'm completely lost...

Greetings,
Geert
Maybe a stupid question but have you enabled network access in the MySQL server settings so that MySQL will actually accept connections over the network ?

Mihira.