Quiet option for ifup/ifdown (dhcp)

I am sharpening up my boot screen on Debian Sid using an
lsb-base-logging.sh script which works well.

However when dhclient runs, which I believe is called by ifup and
ifdown it outputs dhclient details to stout and makes my "pretty"
screen not so pretty.

dhclient has a quiet option but because ifup/ifdown calls it I haven't
been able overide this.

Obviously this is purely aesthetic and affects nothing important on
the system but if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it.

Regards,

James