Re: Debian (sid) painfully slow.

On Friday 07 Jan 2011 18:28:11 Neil Youngman wrote:
> I will continue to observe the system, with swapping in mind as a possible
> factor and see if there is a correlation.

Now that I'm looking for swapping, it's obvious that there are 2 factors here.
The system is definitely slower than lenny even before it starts swapping, but
at the points where it gets excessively slow, it's clearly being slowed
further by swapping. The amount of swap space used is definitely higher than
it was under lenny for the same mix of apps, so I guess I need to run less
garbage and/or buy more RAM.

Neil Youngman