Re: set privoxy to rewrite http to https

On Saturday 01 January 2011 06:46:09 S Mathias wrote:
> I use the
>
> KB SSL Enforcer
> https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/flcpelgcagfhfoegekianiofphddcko
>f?hl=en
>
> so i could browse the net safer [i mean webserver <-> me] with using https,
> if available.

  Note that there is an EFF-authored Firefox extension that's supposed
to have this functionality -- see here:

http://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

  It works the same way that your privoxy works, by rewriting
HTML pages on the fly according to a rule set, with the goal
of putting https links on https-loaded pages, where https links
are known to exist and work.

  You may be able to use this directly, if you're willing to
switch to firefox, but even if you're not, it may be useful as
a source of rules to apply to the tool you're using.

  I should probably disclaim that I don't actually use this
extension, and that while I am a member of the EFF, I don't work
for them, and am not affiliated with https-everywhere.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net