Re: Re: Network crashes under heavy load

Thanks for replying.
To answer your questions - I couldn't find anything unusual in the
logs, the first message around the time of the crash was the shutdown
message when I pressed the power button.
I have a PCI realtek card I could try with, I think it's a different
chipset so I'll try with that, no switch and a different cable when I
get home later.

Sorry, I should have been more specific - it usually happens after
copying tens of GB but it seems random because it survives more
sometimes. For example I was backing up a number of large files (about
40GB total) which caused a crash the first time I tried, halfway
through copying a file but everything copied fine after a reboot. Also
running iperf about ten times caused another crash but again this
seems variable.
An Intel NIC would usually be my first choice but since this board has
no PCIe slots I'm hesitant to use a PCI NIC if it's going to limit
network bandwidth.

I hope that answers all your questions and I'll try updating BIOS,
drivers and run those tests when I get home.
Thanks