Re: o/t ipod

On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 06:32:34 -0600
Ted Wager <ted@trufflesdad.plus.com> dijo:

>My son has bought me an ipodtouch for Xmas..Anyone tell me how I can
>transfer the music files on his ipod to mine ?..I only have Linux on
>my machines but can get access to a Winbox at a neighbours...

I use gtkpod. Works like a champ. You'd have to plug in your son's iPod
first and transfer the files to your computer, then plug your iPod in
and copy them to it off your computer.

Having said that, I don't have any music that was purchased and might
have DRM stuff. All my music is classical that I ripped myself from my
CD collection. I don't know what gtkpod will do with DRM. Also, my iPod
is several years old, so I don't know if there might be a problem with
newer models. But gtkpod is in the repos, so it'll only take a
couple minutes to give it a shot.