Re: slightly OT or notdoes anybody know if git can be like wget

In <[🔎] AANLkTim4nst7ss9==Yqc7X+wPgtS_EiEYi3t9q7BZHBD@mail.gmail.com>, shirish शिरीष
wrote:
>        Wget is persistent and its great at leeching/using bandwidth
>to download a file. Git atleast the way  I know isn't aggresive as
>wget is. I'm sure there are improvements which one has to do on server
>perhaps, the git repository server.
>
>But is there something that a user who's pulling from a repository can
>do from his side to make sure that git is using all his bandwidth for
>a best-case scenario ?

Git does not artificially limit the amount of bandwidth they used when pushing
or pulling.  They *do* use several techniques to minimize the amount of data
transferred, but what data dose get transferred it done as fast as possible.

If you are seeing significantly different bandwidth usage profiles, it is most
likely because someone between you and the git repository is using a traffic
control system to prefer HTTP(S) traffic.