Squeeze. Weekly Build CD installer 2010-11-08 is endlessly seeking a non-free firmware on fd0.

Hello, list!

Have tried to install Debian Squeeze (weekly builds 2010-11-08) on a
laptop with Intel 2100 Wifi card. Card's firmware is packed into
native debianic non-free tarball.  As explained here:
http://wiki.debian.org/ipw2200, it is enough to supply the tarball to
the running installer on any removable media mentioned. But the
installer first seek for fd0 floppy and seek forever, endlessly
educating me about FAT16 file system, dangerous uppercase names and
related troubles, as I have noticed at hidden F4 console. No single
warning sign, progress bar or other useful info on a current active
screen. As a countermeasure, I have searched my pockets, found USB
floppy drive and wrote floppy diskette, plugged that into laptop but
installer continue its tries for ghost fd0 and does not react on other
removable media inserted in all sockets and holes.
If you, please, help me to find a workaround to subdue that bad robot?
Maybe it is possible to implant the firmware into installer ISO?
And no, I cannot install using a netinstall image, because the
installer does not support WPA and even if we will resolve firmware
situation, the installation will not continue anyway.

A bit of offtopic, sorry. Dear Debian Team, would you, please, to pay
attention to the installer first? Let us find and pin up bugs, post
wise comments, suggest features, analyze patches, flood up the mailing
lists _after_ the system being installed. Isn't it an installer a
thing that has to be polished first?
In addition, it seems to be useful to inform a human side of the
installation process what currently is going on in any situation, not
success stories only.

--
Sincerely Yours'
Mark Goldshtein