Re: new cpu amd 810 Quad core (with 900 pins) some pins are bent any idea how to fix?

Dne, 12. 11. 2010 21:49:06 je Mitchell Laks napisal(a):

I have tried straighting them by using a credit card (or thin new york metrocard) as a group lineup
as  well as using a
lead pencil 5mm holder to straighten the indiviual tines (pins) as well as a thin mending needle.

however it still resists putting into the socket on the asus motherboard.

any other ideas on how to ease it in?

Thanks

Whenever that happens to me, I try to observe the pins at close range from various perspectives; it's not that hard to spot any remaining irregularities in the pattern of the pins. I then proceed to gently straighten the bent pin, by degrees. Wash, rinse, repeat, until no more irregularities may be observed. If the CPU still won't stick in, I use a magnifying glass. However, if there's more than 10-20 pins that are bent, it may be a royal pain in the neck, because tolerances are real small on those little bastards...

--
Good luck,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.