Re: Movemail not getting emails

On 11/08/2010 01:11 PM, Camaleón wrote:
> There must be any mistake in your "dovecot.conf" :-?
>
>> > there is a line in the /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf file:
>> > #postmaster_address =
>> > but when I tried to uncomment that, restarting dovecot failed:
>> > /etc/init.d/dovecot restart
>> > Restarting IMAP/POP3 mail server: dovecotError: Error in configuration
>> > file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 759: Unknown setting:
>> > postmaster_address
> Mmmm, recheck your settings, review all the curly brackets aperture/close
> {} stanzas (they have to properly match), review the syntax and look for
> leading empty/blank spaces...
vi /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
uncomment the postmaster_address=
restart dovecot:
/etc/init.d/dovecot restart
Restarting IMAP/POP3 mail server: dovecotError: Error in configuration
file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 760: Unknown setting: postmaster_address
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
 failed!

I see the problem.. that line was underneath a curly brace that was
commented out:
protocol lda {
  # Address to use when sending rejection mails (e.g.
postmaster@example.com).
#postmaster_address =
postmaster_address=pbc@localhost
<snip many lines>
#}
once I uncommented out the "{" and "}" IT WORKED.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800