Re: KMail - forwarding issues

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:41:04 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> On Tuesday 19 October 2010 20:55:07 Camaleón wrote:
>> > Is there a trick to forwarding emails in KMail so that all that
>> > happens is that the OP's email content is preserved along with any
>> > attachments but that the OP's details can be edited out?
>>
>> AFAICT, no.
>
> Copy and paste the email content and attach the attachment?

Kmail only allows to forward "as an attachment" the original e-mail but
many people do not know what to do with an e-mail attached and also, this
breaks the inline (in-situ, over the original e-mail) corrections or
annotations.

Besides, many people are scared about attachments (under "windows minds"
an attachment is a synonym of problems/viruses/scam/phishing) and they
just prefer to not openning the attachment so, in the event the forwarded
e-mail contains important information, they just completely miss it and e-
mail becomes useless (then you have to place a call and tell the
recipient user the e-mail was coming from you and contains important
information he has to read...). You can spend whole morning just to
achieve this >:-)

> I personally don't actually want all email clients to be identical.  We
> have choice.  Those who like what Icedove does can use Icedove, those
> who love Pine can use Pine, and those of us who love Kmail can use
> Kmail.

Yes, choice is important. But "real" choice is about having the ability
to select what do you want to use every time without the needing to
renounce a program (Kmail) at all just because is not able to properly
handle html.

> You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the
> people all of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of
> the time. :-)

You can please all the people all the time by allowing the user to be
able to be free of using the best e-mail format for every situation. And
so it does Thunderbird/Icedove but not Kmail :-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón