Re: KMail - forwarding issues

On Wed October 20 2010, Ron Johnson wrote:
> If you can get LDAP fully functional (no mean feat for a hobbyist)
> on your desktop then *maybe* KMail and Kontact on your laptop can
> see the data on your main machine.

I don't use kmail on my laptop, I use thunderbird. I get to my desktop from my
laptop via nomachine ( a remote desktop app), so I see my full desktop
screen, including the ability to use kmail.. I've only done this from my
lazyboy, via wireless router, not from outside the house, but it DOES work!
I never saw a need for LDAP, not sure how I would use it.. If I fired up
fedora on my laptop, used kmail, setup with IMAP for my accounts, where would
LDAP be used? Or am I thinking about it the wrong way..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800