iceape locks up on some web sites

This is an occasional problem.  For most web sites iceape works
perfectly.

To identify the source of the problem I started iceape from a terminal
window and found failure to pre-load libaoss.so is part of the problem.

alsa-oss is installed and I re-installed it just to be sure.  Iceape
still starts with the following error messages:

Script started on Fri 15 Oct 2010 05:12:46 PM EDT
tom@dragon:~$ iceape
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib/Adobe/Reader9/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
tom@dragon:~$ exit

Script done on Fri 15 Oct 2010 05:13:26 PM EDT

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Tom