Re: KDE Question

On Tue October 12 2010 19:11:29 Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 15:39, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> > use plain desktop, disable akonadi, strigi and that stuff, forget
> > activities, return to the standard icons on the desktop..
>
> Out of all the awesome things in KDE4 why would disable some of the
> very best?

People want to use Debian to get work done.  That stuff is
"clever" but slow and irrelevant for 99% of users.

Meanwhile, does anyone have any thoughts on the trade-offs
involved in upgrading to the latest Trinity KDE 3.5.12?

We had intended to stay with official Debian KDE 3.5.5 as
long as it was supported.  Is 3.5.12 worth evaluating at
this stage or are most people planning to wait until Lenny
and Debian KDE 3.5 are no more?

TIA,

--Mike Bird