Re: List of installed packages without their dependencies

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Chance Platt wrote:
Loris Boillet wrote:
Is there an easy way to get the list or a view of all installed
packages which are not the dependency of something? Or in other words,
packages which don't have any reverse dependencies installed. It looks
like debtree can't do it for instance.
deborphan --all-packages

Well, I must say that 'deborphan -a' is only partially successful, shows quite a few packages that I have no idea where they came from.

Then you have bigger problems, no?  :)

This might be because you don't regularly use any method of removing leaf packages (deborphan or apt-get autoremove or...). Maybe try verifying with "aptitude why".