Re: Issue with fast-user-switcher-applet

On Wed September 29 2010, Peter Tenenbaum wrote:
> Second:  is there a command I can use at the command line to switch between
> multiple users who are logged in and running gnome, without the need of
> passwords?  In other words, I'd like to replicate the FUSA functionality
> with a linux command if possible.  We really only have 2 accounts here
> (mine and my wife's), so I could put a shortcut on her menus or desktop
> which switches to me, and one on mine which switches to her.

you need to be aware that it may NOT always be F7-F8.. right now mine is F8 &
F11.. I was F7, but I logged out, logged in guest as F9, logged me in/out &
ended up me being F11..
I was trying to recall there was supposed to be a command that allowed it to
always use F7
deallocvt 7

but either it didn't work, or I did it wrong..
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800