To enable the power management mechanism

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:17:57 +0000, T o n g wrote:

>> you shouldn't care about the backend used by "gnome-power-manager" . .
>> .
>
>> Nowadays "gnome-power-manager" seems to use DBus instad of HAL, though.
>
> I build my system from scratch (debootstrap). Ok, let me specify
> gnome-power-manager and the acpi-support package this time, removing all
> detailed back-end supporting package from the list, hoping that the
> Debian will figure out the rest for me.

Of all the following acpi related packages, which ones do you have (or,
which ones should I tell my debootstrap to install)?

acpi-fakekey - tool to generate fake key events
acpi-support-base - scripts for handling base ACPI events such as the
power button
acpi-support - scripts for handling many ACPI events
acpi - displays information on ACPI devices
acpid - Advanced Configuration and Power Interface event daemon
acpitool - command line ACPI client
acpidump - utilities to dump system's ACPI tables to an ASCII file
laptop-detect - attempt to detect a laptop
laptop-mode-tools - Tools for Power Savings based on battery/AC status
sleepd - puts an inactive or low battery laptop to sleep

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/