Re: Does the HDCP crack have any implications for Debian?

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 04:12:47PM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:
> The master key to HDCP was leaked and it has been reported that it
> is legitimate, meaning it is now possible to crack Blu-Ray.
>
> I'm not interested in that, but I wondered if that meant that we
> would eventually be able to play Blu-Ray on Debian machines.  Do you
> suppose we will see Blu-Ray support in VLC anytime soon?

I would count on it. As much as libdecss is a part of the GNU/Linux
ecosystem, I would expect libdehdcp, or similar to become a part of
the same. That is, if Blu-ray is here to stay.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o