Re: anacron mail encoding

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:12:33 +0200, Malte Forkel wrote:

> Am 16.09.2010 10:54, schrieb Camaleón:
>>
>> But the interesting part should be in the e-mail "header" not the
>> "body" of the message (I would like to see "Content-Type:" and
>> "Content-Transfer- Encoding:" part). Better if you send (or upload to
>> pastebin¹) the whole message intact, just delete delicated data.
>>
> Well, I guess my problem is that there are not Content-* lines in the
> header :-) The four top lines in my last post were the ones that I
> considered important. Although in a translated version - sorry for that.
> Here's the complete header, slightly edited to protect the innocent:
>
>>From - Tue Sep 14 10:02:52 2010
(...)

O.k. I see, no "Content-" headers at all :-?

As per "man 5 crontab":

***
(...)

By default, cron will send mail using the  mail  "Content-Type:"  header
of"text/plain"  with  the "charset=" parameter set to the charmap /
codeset ofthe locale in which crond(8) is started up - ie. either the
default  systemlocale, if no LC_* environment variables are set, or the
locale specified bythe LC_* environment variables ( see  locale(7)).
You  can  use  different character  encodings  for mailed cron job output
by setting the CONTENT_TYPE and CONTENT_TRANSFER_ENCODING variables in
crontabs, to the  correct  values of the mail headers of those names
***

Which does not comply with your e-mail (provided that there is no
"Content-Type:"). So if "anacron" is using the same routine to send e-
mails than "cron", it looks like a bug/error here to me.

Anyway, you can try the bypass suggested by the manual (define
"CONTENT_TYPE" and "CONTENT_TRANSFER_ENCODING" variables in the offending
anacron task.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón