Re: Occasional random cursor movement while typing

Elmer E. Dow wrote:
> When typing on my laptop, occasionally my cursor will skip back (up)
> a few lines and I'll be entering text in the midst of text
> What's happening here? My sleeve isn't touching the touchpad nor did
> I bump the Trackpoint nor the mouse. I'm not accidentally hitting

I am confident it is the touchpad.  I have the same problem.
Disabling the touchpad will avoid the problem.  Personally I did not
want to unconditionally disable the touchpad.  I would use it more if
it were not for that annoying behavior.

The syndaemon gives me great relief and results.

  $ apt-cache show xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
    * It also provides a daemon to disable touchpad while typing at
      the keyboard and thus avoid unwanted mouse movements (see
      syndaemon(1)).

It detects keyboard activity and for a configurable time disables the
touchpad.  When idle is detected it enables the touchpad.

I launch it like this (in my ~/.xsession file, but you would need more
than this there).

  syndaemon -i 20 -K -p $HOME/var/run/syndaemon.pid -d

Bob