Re: How to get rid of the websites' ads/flash ads, without loosing their (flash) content?

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 20:26:46 +0200
Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are sometimes some websites (such as news ones) which make an
> extensive use of flash stuff. Amongst the animations, flash is
> sometimes also used for ads, etc., and I don't like this. Are there
> any Iceweasel tools which can detect these ads, or use a public DB to
> avoid displaying these ads? Or is there any related solution?

I would also recommend using a good hosts file! This is the one I use
[1], I know its targets at windows, but it still blocks all major ad
networks etc. ;)

> Thanks.

[1] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97