Re: detect ethernet card?

On Thursday 09 September 2010 10:56:39 pm David Jardine wrote:
> $ dmesg|grep eth
>    might give you some indication.

I didn't see anything unusual in dmesg so far, though  I didn't grep for eth.
I'll try that when I'm back at that machine in a few hours.

> $ lspci
>    should have the card on the list if it's recognized

Yes, lspci -v lists the card. "Ethernet controller", manufacturer, model type.

> $ /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
>    should also have some details

IIRC there was no 70* in /etc/udev/rules.d. Neither was there a 25* (which
popped up in google as solution for people with the same error message as
me). I'll have to check the 70* again though because I'm not totally sure.