Re: install lenny on Dell

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 19:54:01 -0400 (EDT), Tom Poe wrote:

> I bring up stuff on my computer, and it has an icon with CD-RW/DVD-ROM
> drive.  I downloaded a lenny i386 iso image, and used brasero to burn it
> to a Memorex DVD+RW disc.  I shut down computer, started computer, got a
> blinking cursor for a few seconds, and then moved to ubuntu (installed
> operating system).  Does this sound like I have to go buy some other
> discs, because my drive is too old, and can't read the DVD?

You did say in the subject line that you have a Dell computer, but other
than that you have given no hardware information.  I can't say for sure,
but I had a situation where I burned a CD on one computer and the CD drive
couldn't read its own writing.  But another computer could read it!
Go figure!  Try burning the CD on another computer.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :