Re: Mounting new external storage device with same volume label as old one (want to lose the -1)

Hi Camaleon,

> Enforce the use of the label in "/etc/fstab" and mount the disk out of "/
> media" which is handle automatically by udev. Static mount point should
> be defined in "/etc/fstab".

Yes, I know that is an option, but as I wrote I don't want to have to edit
fstab on all the systems involved. If possible I'd like to remove the
reference to the old disk so the '-1' suffix won't be used anymore.

Grx HdV