Re: meta-question

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:02:22 -0400 (EDT), Louis Hinman wrote:

> I don't see an administrator to address this question to,

There isn't one.

> so please forgive me
> for addressing it to all and sundry:

No forgiveness needed.

> I was accustomed some time back to post questions on linus.debian.user
> (http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/topics).  Recently, I logged
> into this forum and tried to post.
>
> My post was rejected and I was informed I needed to register.  I registered as
> instructed, and now emails sent to  debian-user@lists.debian.org are posted at
> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/topics.
>
> However, if I try to respond within a thread where I am the OP, my response
> never makes it into the thread!
>
> This is kind of confusing.  Can someone clarify for me what I need to do be a
> full-fledged participant in this discussion group?
>
> Thanks & Best Regards,
> Lou
> NYC

I suggest that you read the forum via http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/.
If you want to reply to a post, make sure that the addressee is
debian-user@lists.debian.org and not the poster's e-mail address.
If you have a web-based e-mail client that supports "mailto:"; links,
make sure you click on the debian-user@lists.debian.org link under
"Reply to:".

Doing it this way bypasses Google entirely and will not require you
to register.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :