DHClient Exit Scripts

I've been reading the man pages for dhclient, but I'm stuck with one key question I've missed.

I have an exit script set up to notify me of the IP address of a particular system (on a LAN) whenever the IP address changes.  For now I'm testing, but in the future it'll be running where I have no control over DHCP or any servers.  This system will be just plugged into the power outlet and into a CAT5 cable hooked to a hub or switch, so it has to get a dynamic IP address from the DHCP and it has to be able to alert me to what the new IP address is.

I know whenever dhclient runs, it runs the exit scripts.  The one issue I'm not clear of is whether the exit scripts will be run any time the IP address changes, like when a lease expires.  I know it'll run at reboot or if networking is restarted, but will the exit scripts be run when the IP address is changed by the DHCP?  If it's not, is there any program that runs under those conditions?

Thanks!

Hal