Re: Corrupted FS every 50 checks

Merciadri Luca wrote:
> but I can't understand why this filesystem is problematic, because I
> don't use it often, at least these times. I always have errors about the

Does your disk support S.M.A.R.T.?

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

Try it and see if the disk drive reports any physical errors.

  $ sudo apt-get install smartmontools

Here are some example uses:

  $ sudo smartctl -i /dev/sda
  SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
  SMART support is: Enabled

If smart is available but disabled then you would need to enable it
before making use of it.

  $ sudo smartctl -s on /dev/sda

Then check the disk health status.

  $ sudo smartctl -H /dev/sda
  SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

You can manually run a selftest like this:

  $ sudo smartctl -t short /dev/sda

Then wait a couple of minutes for the test to complete and then
observe the results.

  $ sudo smartctl -l selftest /dev/sda

I recommend setting up automatic regular selftests by configuring
smartmontools to run them regularly.

Hopefully your disk is okay and not reporting physical errors.

Bob