Re: trinity

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 09:31 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I installed the trinity apps, per the email, tried to log in, and got hung. So
> I renamed .kde3 .trinity, and lkderc files and tried to log in again. It said
> it completed the initialization, then I got a empty blue screen.
> am I missing the desktop manager? menus?
> this is basically what I did, and I refreshed the install ( aptitude update)
> after adding these:
>
> > Install desktop-base-trinity, kdebase-trinity, and kdepim-trinity.
> >
> > I use a preferences file such as:
> >
> > Package: *
> > Pin: release a=stable
> > Pin: release o=LP-PPA-trinity-trinity-builddeps
> > Pin-Priority: 902
> >
> > Package: *
> > Pin: release a=stable
> > Pin: release o=LP-PPA-trinity-trinity
> > Pin-Priority: 901
> >
> > Package: *
> > Pin: release a=stable
> > Pin-Priority: 900
> >
> > Package: *
> > Pin: release a=lenny-backports
> > Pin-Priority: 800
> >
> > Package: *
> > Pin: release a=testing
> > Pin-Priority: 700
> >
> > Package: rdesktop
> > Pin: version 1.6.0-3.1
> > Pin-Priority: 1001
I'm not sure.  Our installation was very specific as we do not use KDM
and run inside a VServer.  In our case, we set up the preferences and
then installed kde-trinity I believe.  We did not install
desktop-base-trinity because we did not want to pull in all the hardwre
interacting portions in the VServer.  We copied ~/.kde to ~/.trinity so
that we had a backout path, renamed /usr/bin/startkde and then created a
symbolic link named /usr/bin/startkde to the trinity startkde script. We
then restarted the vserver. That worked pretty cleanly for us although I
believe I needed to do an apt-get -f to bring in all the support
libraries.

You might want to post on the Trinity mailing list or support site to
see what the Trinity team has to say.  Good luck and let us know how you
fare - John