How do I automate standard input for interactive shell programs?

Hello,

I was bored.  I was playing the worm game from bsdutils and through the
tedium of it all, a thought passed through my mind.  "Hey, this can be
automated.  By following a repetitive procedure, I can win the game - any
time, every time!"  It also occured to me that computers are very well
suited for following repetitive steps, so I thought I would go about
coding a solution.

I believe that having solonoid operated cursor keys is a bit overbuilt,
clunky and is too much like a Goldberg machine for my taste.  So I am
looking for suggestions on how I can emulate a user at standard input
pressing the cursor keys.

Any suggestions?

Tim Legg
~