Re: DPKG search by architecture

On 8/1/2010 11:45 AM, Bob Proulx wrote:
Debian isn't like CentOS and isn't a "dual" architecture system in the
same way.  Instead it is more of a single architecture system but with
the added capability that if the kernel supports it additional
libraries can be installed and multiple architectures run.  So if you
are running an amd64 system you are already running a plain 64-bit
system.

Ambiguous interpretation. Moot statement.

That is really all that you need to do.

False. Some 32bit libs remain. Some of us don't like to have unclean systems. I know, it's common for Linux users to install all, leave all and live with it, (most of the time,) but I, as a system administrator, am picky about what is on my system, if I install it, and I remove it, all of it is gone, or I manually remove it.

but there are still some remains so does anybody remember how to
search for packages by architecture?

If a package is "removed" the configuration files are left behind.  If
the package is "purged" then along with the normal files the
configuration files are removed too.

Ambiguous misinterpretation. Moot statement.

[SNIP all the childish explanations like I don't know how to work Linux]