Re: samba: mounting as cifs not working (works in Windows though)

On 01/08/10 10:19 AM, Mr Smiley wrote:
Hi

I remember now how i used it.

First you have to run a smbmount // command, this fails but  creates the cifs directory, it doesn't exist till your first smbmount command. It's a temporary directory which disappears on next boot.

then run

echo 0>  /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled

and now run your smbmout command again, all should be ok

Mr Smiley

you can ;put everything back without rebooting by changing the 0 or a 1 as below

echo 1>  /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled

I see. Please see my other recent post, turns out that the problem was with the permissions of my mount points (within my ~/). I wanted to make cifs work since it is apparently the newer choice.

A man with a thermometer knows the temperature. A man with two thermometers is never sure.

But an engineer he will have a better estimate from multiple readings. :-)

ever having been read.