Re: samba: mounting as cifs not working (works in Windows though)

On 29/07/10 02:26 PM, Mr Smiley wrote:
Sorry, also try

echo 0>  /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled

and then smbmount again.

It's one of the two, but at the mo can't remember which, but both at the same time won't hurt.

  Try

  echo 0>  /proc/fs/cifs/OplockEnabled

  then try and smbmount again.

Sorry, I don't think I understand. Please note the following:
~$ cat /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled
cat: /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled: No such file or directory
~$ ls /proc/fs/cifs
ls: cannot access /proc/fs/cifs: No such file or directory
~$ ls /proc/fs
ext4  jbd2  nfsd

I don't have the cifs directory in /proc/fs neither on the server nor on the client.

ever having been read.