Re: Re: How to get rid of this firewall error. [Solved]

Thanks for every ones help. I resolved all issues with errors from my firewall. Here is a summary

1) My DSL modem/router periodically pings my machine. If I accept then it queries more about www server, samba server etc. I do not like these requests as I do not know what the modem does with that info. The modem/router is given to me by verizon DSL service. So, I shut off any incoming packet from that interface that is not already established by an in-to-out connection. I was doing this before too, but I was loggin in such message. Now I dropped loging it, if it is from my dsl router.

2) I have virtual machines connected with br0 to internal net, and I did not do the iptables from br0 to internal net properly and that caused nmbd queries from br0 (ie from vms) to rest of the internal net to be dropped and loggged. I updated a few rules and the log messages went away.

3) No my syslog onlyc contains useful messages.

Ramesh