Re: Keyboard text - how get basic encoding? Not US-Intl? "%20" not space. Where change after install? KUbuntu ; jor Debian

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:00:39 -0300, "Eduardo M KALINOWSKI"
<eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> said:
> On Qui, 29 Jul 2010, giovanni_re wrote:
> > I can't recall now the options for "select the kbd style", but one i
> > recall was like "US-Intl" (I don't recall if that was what i chose or
> > not).  Maybe there was also a simple "US", but I don't think so.
>
> US-Intl is a keyboard that has the standard US layout
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_United_States-NoAltGr.svg) but
> some keys are changed to be able to type other characters. For
> example, ' is a "dead key" used to type the acute accent: press ' and
> then a and you get á.

Thanks - that description sounds like my situation.

> It's useful for people with a US keyboard that need to type other
> languages, and they are (or at least were) popular in other countries:
> until a few years ago, here in Brazil almost all keyboards had the US
> layout, so the US-Intl map was used to be able to type the accented
> characters.
>
> If you have no need for accented and other special characters, just
> select the standard US keyboard, not US-Intl.

Do you have any idea where the keyboard parameter is set(s) from the
debian alternate installer?  In which files?

Any idea of which debian mail list is for the debian installer related
discussion? - That being where it is likely someone familiar with the
specifics of this issue might see & respond to this issue.

Thanks :)

==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture