Re: HP PSC 1315 printer and hplip/hpcups printer cartridge mode issue

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:20:47 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> On Friday 30 July 2010 10:09:14 Harishankar wrote:
>> I appreciate HP products, but I feel these issues are not particularly
>> on the top of your mind while shopping for a printer.
>
> Perhaps they should be!  They are certainly at the top of my mind when I
> buy _any_ hardware that I intend to use with Linux.  And printers and
> scanners are so easy to check.
>
> And I do the research myself - it is no good asking salesmen.  "yer
> what?" is the commonest response.
>
> Lisi

To be honest it was so long ago that I don't remember at all what was the
thought process. I wasn't probably even aware that the cartridge
selection and usage would be a problem on a colour printer. It's easy to
be wise after the fact, but back then it never struck my mind.

All I knew was the printer was supported in Linux. The actual levels of
support has not occurred to me.

--
Harishankar (http://harishankar.org http://lawstudentscommunity.com)