Re: Assigning to new NICs the previous interface names.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

> Just guessing, but... how about changing/adjusting their udev names
> matching their MAC address?

In my view it is impossible (though correct me if I'm wrong here): I do
not know the MACs of the new NICs that will be installed as a
replacement for the existing ones.

> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
>
> Once/if that file gets modified, take care for the rest of the
> involved files (/etc/networking/interfaces) are pointing to the right
> devices.

Is possible to be done somehow automatically (by the tools available
for Debian and not writing my own scripts)?