Re: Lockups in Xorg with Radeon HD 3450 and different drivers

Am 24.06.2010 20:06, schrieb Nick Lidakis:

> I figured, these days, getting to a 2d desktop with a 2 year old video card
> would not cause a machine to lock hard. Although,I am on unstable. You pays your money
> and you takes your chances...
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.

Are, by any chance, cairo-dock or Gnome3 trying to autostart after
login? At least cairo-dock reliably locks up my Radeon HD 3650.
(proprietary driver, radeonhd caused all sorts of trouble) It ran, by
the way, flawlessly with an aged NVidia Quadro4 9800 GTX.
I have been trying all available drivers and options (multihead and
singlehead) with this card up to now and using the proprietary module
while avoiding cairo tured out to be the least of all evils.