Re: Debian cd supporting ext4.

Sthu Deus put forth on 7/23/2010 11:08 AM:

> Are You speaking about this images <http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/> ?
>
> If not then why do speak about the installer?
>
> I need not a special installer.

Yes, you do.

> I need a stable installable CD that is
> able to install on ext4 (on HDD).

Such an installation CD does _NOT_ exist in official Debian software.

> I know I need more recent kernel for
> that that current stable Debian does not contain, therefore I ask is
> there a way for me have stable Debian be installed on ext4 or I have to
> try to live until the day the 6th version comes?

Yes, there is a way, and it is one of the ISO images at the link above which
you summarily discounted out of hand.  Here is the EXT4 information relating
to that ISO (far down the page) that you apparently didn't read:

FAQ (for Lenny)

How to use ext4?
    Since 0627 image, my d-i image supports new filesystem, ext4. You can
choose ext4 at partition manager (partman) screen. But be careful, ext4 isn't
mature yet. Don't use it for a production system. And I strongly recommend to
NOT USE EXT4 FOR YOUR BOOT PARTITION.
Even though, I want to use ext4 for my boot (root) filesystem!
    Sigh. To separate /boot from the root partition and to use ext3 for /boot
is really recommended solution. If you can't agree this idea, here is a
summary to use ext4 for boot partition. 1. Use the expert mode. 2. Choose
grub-pc instead of legacy grub (you'll be asked in expert mode). 3. Append
boot parameter "rootfstype=ext4" at Grub screen.

--
Stan