Re: ETA on Debian whois client compatible with new ARIN whois service

Jordon Bedwell put forth on 7/19/2010 11:08 PM:

> On Jul 19, 2010, at 11:03 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>
>> Anyone know when the Debian whois client will be upgraded to be compatible
>> with the changes in the ARIN whois service?
>>
>> http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-announce/2010-July/001044.html

> You don't even give them time to learn the new changes and get it done.  They just announced it not to long ago, actually, last Thursday if i remember right, do you think they just instantly update for non-critical things almost overnight?

"A demo of this service has been available since October 2009. The
demonstration service is available at
http://whoisrws-demo.arin.net.";
From:  https://www.arin.net/announcements/2010/20100611.html

The announcement of the new API was sometime last year, before October when
they put the demo server up, giving developers at least 9 months of lead time
before the new service went live.  The announcement of July 15 was merely a
"relaunch" of the service which showed problems when it was officially
launched for the first time on June 26, 2010.

Your apparent outrage over my simple question is unjustified, Jordan.

--
Stan