Re: RAID Questions

On 06/07/10 18:15, Miles Fidelman wrote:

1. start installer, go through initial steps (keyboard, network, etc.)

2. start up disk partitioner
-- create partitions - here's what I go with (but for servers) - do this
for each drive (personally, I find it easer to do this with fdisk)
---- part1 boot primary Linux RAID 2G
---- part2 primary Linux RAID 3G for swap

Personally. I can't see the point in using RAID for swap. So I use this partion on each drive as just a SWAP partition and add each swap in to give (in your case) 6G of swap space.

---- part3 primary Linux RAID <rest of the space> for root
-- set up RAIDs
---- /dev/md0 - 2G - ext3 (or ext4) file system, mount point is /boot
What to you envisage going in /boot? I make mine 100 M and that is always plenty.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk