Re: First Debian Installation: totally brain-dead. Where do I go from here?

Thanks Guys:

Looks like a serious operator malfunction on my part. My first time
with an internet install. In the past, I had a CD with the whole
distribution on it.

First, Sorry. I did not wish to infer that Debian itself is
brain-dead. I meant the minimal installation that I myself created
with almost no applications installed is brain dead.

I wrongly assumed that once installation was complete, I would easily
find a package manager that would finish downloading all packages that
I need.

I spend most of my life on Windows, but prefer to use Open Source
software that runs everywhere. Firefox and Thunderbird do have
copyrighted stuff, however, Iceweasel did not have a Windows
installation, otherwise I would be using it on Windows.

Looks like the only solution is to blow things out and try again from scratch.

Sorry if I broke web-protocol. I do not know what the protocol is here.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Keith.