Re: Debian Install stalls at 5% (at least for 3 hours, don't know if it suffices to designate this state as `stall')

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 23:00 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> tried a first Debian install, which stalled at 5%. I then re-tried, and
> here I am: stuck at 5% for a long time (~3 hours). I did not mess

Most likely caused by an out-of-date archive key on your installation
media. There are several ways to deal with that problem:

    * Boot with "linux debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated=true"
    * Use up-to-date installation media
    * Add the key manually within busybox, by switching to a shell,
      chrooting into /target, killing aptitude and adding the latest key
      and installing whatever you like

I guess that the second option is the best ...

good luck

    Wolodja
--
  .''`.     Wolodja Wentland    <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>